Entities of the databse
- A folder for qualities and subcontainers. They are primary used to group and organise qualities. In the detail view of a model these containers define the headlines and are expandable via "[+]" buttons.
- A meteorological and/or chemical and transport model stored in the Cost Model Inventory.
- Model version
- Models may be stored in various versions. Whenever you copy one of your models, you in fact create a new version of this model. If you want to document the development of your model, this is the feature of choice.
- Output type
- May be currently HTML, HTML-contentonly, XML, CSV or LaTeX. Summary tables can be rendered in each of these output types, offering various possibilities for exporting or processing the data.
- Picked Item (in a pair of selector boxes)
- Those items that are listed on the right side. Not to confuse with selected items, which are just highlighted. Highlighted items can be transferred between the selector boxes using the arrow buttons.
- A binary or textual information describing a specific aspect of a model. Currently there are more than 500 qualities available.
- A query consists of a set of models and a set of qualities. Each query defines which model to compare by which qualites - so the result of a query is a summary table.
- Selected Item (in selector boxes)
- Those items that are highlighted. Not to confuse with those items you picked, and therefore appeare on the right selector box.
- Summary Table
- The result of a query. There are many predifined summary tables, referred to as standard summary tables. They may be displayed or exported via different output types.
List of variables (Meteorology):
u : west-east wind component
v: south-north wind component
w: vertical wind component
ζ : vorticity
pv: potential vorticity
T: real temperature
θ: potential temperature
θl: liquid Water potential temperature
Gph: geopotential height
qt: total liqid water
qlc: liqid water in clouds
qf: total frozen water
qsc: ice in clouds
N: cloud fraction
E: turbulent kinetic energy
K: exchange coefficient
zi: mixing height
List of variables (Chemistry)
SO2: Sulfur dioxide
NO: Nitric oxide
NO2: Nitrogen dioxide
NOx: Mono-nitrogen oxides
HNO3: Nitric acid
DMS: Dimethyl sulfide
H2O2: Hydrogen peroxide
VOC: Volatile organic compound
CO: Carbon monoxide
CO2: Carbon dioxide
POP: Persistant organic pollutant
PM 10: Particles of 10 micrometers or less
PM 2.5: Particles less than 2.5 micrometers
PPM10: Less than 10 parts per million
PM 0.1: Particles less than 0.1 micrometers
PM 1: Particles less than 1 micrometers
SOA: Secondary organic aerosol
Explanations for specific qualities
Nothing to see here yet.